16 September: Pakistan vs Hong Kong (Dubai) – Pakistan won by 8 Wickets
17 September: Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi) – Afghanistan won by 91 Runs
18 September: India vs Hong Kong (Dubai) – India beat HongKong by 26 Runs
19 September: Pakistan vs India (Dubai) – India won by 8 wickets
20 September: Bangladesh vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)
21 September: Group B Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
23 September: Group A Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Dubai)
23 September: Group B Winner vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
25 September: Group A Winner vs Group B Winner (Dubai)
26 September: Group A Runner-up vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
The very first Asia Cup was organized by United Arab Emirates in 1984. Three teams ( India, Sri Lanka & Pakistan) participated in that tournament.
Till now 13 Asian cups has been played of which 5 are hosted by Bangladesh. Throughout these years India is the most dominant team with 6 wins followed by Sri Lanka who have won it 5 times, Pakistan being on the slow side has won the title twice.
For Asia cup 2018 Pakistan is considered as favorites, After losing 1st match against India in Champions Trophy 2017, Sarfaraz and his boys are making a winning habit and pretty much motivated to win this title as well.
• Sri Lanka is the only team to play in all the 13 editions of the tournament.
• India, Pakistan & Bangladesh have appeared in the tournament 12 times each.
• UAE, Hong Kong and Afghanistan are new teams to participate.
• T20 format was first played in 2016.
• Sri Lanka’s finger bowler Ajantha Mendis holds the record for the most (17) wickets taken in a single edition in 2008.
• Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka is the tournament’s leading run scorer till now with 1196 runs.
He also holds the record the most runs (378) scored in a single edition in 2008.
• Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka is the tournament’s leading wicket-taker with 30 wickets till now.